Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Red and sore during period - allergic to towels?!

(9 Posts)
mirai Tue 07-May-13 06:39:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DorisShutt Tue 07-May-13 06:48:21

Which towels are you using?

Some standard brands are now using scented - might that be the issue?

Fairylea Tue 07-May-13 06:49:56

You could be allergic to the chemicals in sanitary wear... look at mooncups, reusable sanitary towels (fill your pants do Charlie banana ones which are good) or try naturacare disposable ones without bleach etc. I had the same problem and switched to reusable towels and it's been fine.

Weegiemum Tue 07-May-13 06:50:20

It sounds a bit like he rash my dd2 got from disposable nappies. Could you try using a different method or brand to see if that makes a difference? Sounds horrible for you.

mirai Tue 07-May-13 07:14:31

Aworryingtrend Tue 07-May-13 07:50:16

I was also allergic to mainstream sanitary towels eg bodyform and always. I now use natracare without any problems at all. you can buy online from natural collection or amazon.

cardamomginger Tue 07-May-13 08:52:02

You can try maternity towels which don't have any colour or scent. Tescos do their own brands of thin and thick ones, as do Boots.

WillYouDoTheFandango Tue 07-May-13 08:57:35

I got this towards the end of my postpartum bleeding when I switched to sanitary towels. It was the plasticky coating on the top. The cheap as chips soft cotton feel ones didn't do it.

mirai Tue 07-May-13 09:32:48

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now