Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone passed small amounts of tissue during a period?

(10 Posts)
YoniBottsBumgina Fri 03-May-13 21:48:38

I started my period yesterday. I am on the pill but have had sex recently. The rest of this post will be rather graphic so please click away if you don't want to know!

I've only been on my period since yesterday but I have noticed unusual large clots this time whereas I usually don't experience clotting at all. Then tonight I went to change my moon cup and when I looked into the toilet afterwards there was a small amount of what looked to me like internal tissue, sort of spongy, about 1-2cm in size, maybe slightly bigger. My 4 year old was hanging around so I just flushed quickly and thought it was probably just a clot or something but then decided to Google []blush]always a bad idea!

It probably is nothing, but I just can't shake the feeling that I had a weird feeling I might have been pregnant this month and now I'm worrying wondering if it was a very early miscarriage. I should probably add that I tend to convince myself that I "feel" pregnant about once every 3 months and I never am, so my feelings on that matter aren't very trustworthy.

Do you think it's anything to worry about? I'm due a smear test soon anyway so would probably mention it to my doctor then.

mrsyattering Fri 03-May-13 21:52:25

I get clots in my period all the time, if it's unusual for you then mention it to gp/nurse. But I expect some tissue must come away in everyone's period?

YoniBottsBumgina Fri 03-May-13 21:52:35

Although when I say recently, DP lives abroad and we got home on 17 April (hence I haven't had sex since then) so perhaps less recently than I thought blush

YoniRanger Fri 03-May-13 21:52:39

I sometimes pass chunks <shudders> I always assumed it was normal or normalish

YoniBottsBumgina Fri 03-May-13 21:54:53

Well that's what I thought, it's just I've never noticed it before. But I'm not really that observant with it, just chuck down the loo and flush.

YoniBottsBumgina Fri 03-May-13 22:01:14

Anyway I am very reassured smile thank you both!

ShatnersBassoon Fri 03-May-13 22:05:23

Yeah, I think parts of my liver fall out sometimes. It's normal for me, but it wasn't always that way. I'm not sure when things firmed up, perhaps post-DCs.

Still18atheart Fri 03-May-13 22:11:30

I do too especially when it's heavy. I just guessed it was the uterus lining breaking down. It has to go somewhere right. confused

YoniBottsBumgina Fri 03-May-13 22:12:24

I'm 25 this year so wondering if it's an age thing. I expect back in ye stone age I'd have had about 5 kids by now, maybe my womb is confused grin

sashh Sat 04-May-13 06:44:35

Not had a period for years but I would regularly pass what looked like red jelly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now