Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

DS2 10 weeks sicky babe

(3 Posts)
nicnack2 Thu 18-May-06 20:39:56

DS" born 10 weeks ago. Has always been a sicky babe after feeds. Is not way failure to thrive, at 6 weeks weighed 12ilbs. spoke to gp and of course says that he is just a greedy boy therefore not concerned. tried to hold off feeds but then babe is sooooo hungry it comes up, tried bit at a time but still it comes up (not projectile) only one that doesnt seem to come up is 10pm feed. any advice/suggestions, high speed laundry device. Ds1 was a very clean baby. Didnt want to lose a drop!

dandycandyjellybean Thu 18-May-06 20:52:12

my ds was the same. not typical reflux, because his bottle just before bed, and his dream feed both stayed down a treat, but his other feeds, when he was 'on the move' tended to come back up. He got incredibly hungry too. Some days were worse than others (sometimes felt like I needed to take a dropcloth with me wherever I went), other days weren't so bad. Anyway, suffice to say my gp prescribed infant gaviscon, and although I wasn't keen, it worked very well. At the same time, I switched to hungry baby formula (which obviously won't help if you're bf!!!) but the difference was amazing. Obviously, although my ds, like yours was putting on weight, constantly bringing some of each feed back meant that he was hungrier.
HTH.

nicnack2 Thu 18-May-06 21:03:32

thank u due at gp for next jabs so will ask

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: