Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

having a mammogram on tues,when will I know the results?

(4 Posts)
brimfull Thu 18-May-06 17:49:23

Quite worried and hope I wont' have to wait ages to find out the result.Will they tell me there and then?

alex8 Thu 18-May-06 17:54:57

probably not, in my experience. Usually you have an appointment with a conusltant. You only see a radiogrpaher who does the test. But every hospital is different.

mell2 Thu 18-May-06 18:18:40

A lot of hospitals have a one stop clinic. A few months ago i had a mammogram, ultrasound and fine needle aspiration (called triple assessmnt) all on one day and they told me it was a cyst. I know what you are going through, i am waiting for another appointment as i now have a lump in the other breast. Good luck and hope they can put your mind at rest quickly!

saffy202 Thu 18-May-06 18:19:24

Our local hospital does a one-stop clinic whereby you do get your results there and then, but like alex8 says all hospitals are different.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: