Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

One of my breasts is firmer than usual - what's that about?

(5 Posts)
Noseynoonoo Wed 01-May-13 18:14:32

One of my breasts feels firmer than usual. It started last week with little moments of tightening - sort of like the breastfeeding 'let-down' feeling. It now feels firmer/rounder although DH had a feel last night and reported no difference at all.

To put it in context, it has been almost 4 years since I stopped breastfeeding. My period could be due - I have a fairly erratic cycle but I think if I am pre-menstrual this would be a short cycle, however, I have a huge spot on my chin and am feeling 'angsty' so the signs are there.

Do other people experience a similar feeling?

Mondrian Wed 01-May-13 18:26:36

DH should know best as he is the more experienced one in handling. smile

badmumalert Wed 01-May-13 23:56:24

Yes, he perhaps cops a feel more than I do but it feels different from the inside.

As it happens, my period has started this evening - a mere 24 days cycle. My hormones must be confused.

Mondrian Thu 02-May-13 01:43:03

Always a good idea to have these things checked out anyway.

badmumalert Fri 03-May-13 22:42:14

Oh dear, I think milk started coming out of one today. Crikey. I am going to have to see the Gp. A choice of 2 old blokes. Oh joy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now