Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Eye infection

(6 Posts)
FuglyDucking Thu 18-May-06 12:06:22

What can I do with my eye to stop the infection worsening? <I assume its an infection cause I woke up this morning with the lashes all crusty nd stuck together and the eye looks all icky>

cadbury Thu 18-May-06 12:08:30

my dd has got this too - we have just got some drops from the chemist. I've used Golden Eye on mine in the past.

Main point is not to wipe it with your hands or use the same tissue on the other eye as well or it will spread.

SaintGeorge Thu 18-May-06 12:10:40

If you need to remove the gunky stuff, use cotton wool with a very weak solution of baby (no tears) shampoo and water. Wipe down and outwards. One wipe then replace cotton wool.

Gloworm Thu 18-May-06 12:13:02

ds picked the same thing up at preschool last week. we gave him echinacea 3 times a day and it was gone in a couple of days.

i did pick out the mankey crusty stuff a couple of times though

FuglyDucking Thu 18-May-06 12:14:21

So as long as I don't pick at it, it should go w/o the need for a trip to the doctor?

Roobie Thu 18-May-06 12:16:11

Ds and dd have this at the moment. I prise their eyes apart each morning and get rid of all the yellow gunk with cooled boiled water with some salt added.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: