Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Been referred for breast lump

(7 Posts)
malteserzz Wed 01-May-13 10:03:11

So frightened. Hoped it was nothing but the doctor could feel the lump and said it was either cancer or a fibro something I've got to wait up to 2 weeks for an appointment is it worth going private and how would I do that ? So sorry to anyone already diagnosed

ItsYonliMe Wed 01-May-13 10:16:51

Wow a doctor with people skills NOT! What a shame for you that you've got doctor with such an awful and abrupt manner. I've been referred in the past and have a history of fibrodenomas. Why don't you phone the relevant private hospitals/private clinics and find out how quickly they could see you and give you the results - for ease of mind.

LIZS Wed 01-May-13 10:19:10

sad sorry you didn't get more helpful advice. can you phone the local unit ? DM got a NHS referral within a week of a routine mammogram so hope you don't have to wait too long. Most cases turn out to be benign.

malteserzz Wed 01-May-13 10:20:10

Thank you to be fair to him I asked what it felt like and he said not a cyst but could be the other 2. Dh is coming home he's upset too. Just want to know now 2 weeks seems forever

malteserzz Wed 01-May-13 10:27:39

Crap just rang private hospital and their breast clinic is Tuesday evening so would have to wait till then anyway

MaryAnnSingleton Wed 01-May-13 11:32:03

2 weeks is the standard time,though you could ask them if they have any cancellations to ring you ? I know it's bloody horrible having to wait so if you'd like friendly hands to hold yours do pop over to the tamoxifen thread. Most lumps aren't anything nasty and if it is then please feel reassured that treatment is speedy and very effective and doable,promise.

Lonelybunny Wed 01-May-13 21:27:48

I found a lump a couple of weeks ago , in all fairness my GP thinks it's nothing and due to breastfeeding but I'm still scared so she refered me on Monday they called me today and have given me next Wednesday at the breast clinic . So they are pretty quick

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now