Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Eruption of white bumps under the skin

(6 Posts)
crashdoll Tue 30-Apr-13 18:31:27

Sometime in last month, I noticed an eruption of hundreds of white bumps under the skin on my face and on my arms. I've had a chest infection that I cannot seem to shake (probably due to my autoimmune condition) and I'm on another course of antibiotics. I use gentle soap to wash my face and I've not worn make up since they appeared but they refuse to leave! Any ideas of what they are and how can I make them leave? sad

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 30-Apr-13 18:56:56

Are they like these? or different?

RawCoconutMacaroon Tue 30-Apr-13 19:06:40

Autoimmune condition already, and now these spots... Try googling gluten/wheat and skin rashes, there may be a connection to your diet!

crashdoll Tue 30-Apr-13 19:24:14

Neo I have millia on my chin and these bumps look different.
Raw Thanks,will do.

crashdoll Wed 01-May-13 08:04:10

Slightly shameful bump. blush

RawCoconutMacaroon Wed 01-May-13 14:31:56

Remembered the name! Keratosis pilaris, google that on images and see if it looks like yours.

Mine completely resolved after a couple of months on a grain free diet (along with a lot of other, almost certainly, autoimmune issues).

Went on the grain free (gluten/wheat) and all other grains for other reasons and was amazed at the effect it had on a number of things I thought were "just getting older" grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now