Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hayfever

(3 Posts)
Sunshine78 Mon 29-Apr-13 19:08:56

Anyone else suffering more than normal?

I am that bad have been to doctors for ultra strong pills when normally I've the counter stuff knocks it on the head. My tubes are that bunged up I've had no voice since Thursday,! Which doctor has assured me is down to hayfever , not lost voice before and does seem a tad extrema buy hey!

Was just wanting if I am the only one!

1969Sarah Mon 29-Apr-13 19:19:17

Have you tried nasal spray? I struggled on for years with tablets and read about nasal spray online. It's absolutely amazing the difference. I take the one a day tablet and use the spray morning & night. It has reduced symptoms by 99% including itchy eyes, blocked nose (and ears at times!). Mine is Boots own brand in a blue box called Hayfever Relief 50 microgram nasal spray.

It's effect is cumulative so you need to use it every day for a couple of weeks to notice a difference especially as you are suffering so much. Then keep using it all through your hay fever season. I now start it a week or so in advance of my hay fever getting bad & it' holds it at bay. Life changing :-)

Sunshine78 Mon 29-Apr-13 19:36:31

Doctor gave me a spray as well I don't normally suffer till the end of May so have been taken of guard as to how bad I've got and how .

Have treated myselfto an air purifier today so i'm hoping that will help, just hope my boss lets me have it on at work an old dusty office doesn't help I suppose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now