Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mirena coil, high blood pressure with chills etc

(2 Posts)
smoothie Mon 29-Apr-13 17:17:55

Does anyone have experience with the mirena raising blood pressure? I had lots of blood tests including thyroid last month because I was feeling hot and cold with palpitations. Again the symptoms have arrived back and after looking in my diary I've noticed this appearance is always 3 - 4 days before my period. My blood pressure has shot up and although I have in the past had notoriously low readings the doctor thinks there shouldn't be a connection and is suggesting symptoms are pre-menopausal.
I initially had the coil put in 6 months ago due to a sudden change in periods which were heavy with clots. A biopsy was done and all came back well.
I've decided I want the mirena out as I am convinced there is a link but this will mean going back to heavy periods... however after weighing up the options I think I would rather this then how I'm feeling now.
I also feel this 'only localised in the womb' regarding hormones response from doctors is bollocks.
Has anyone had any similar symptoms?

smoothie Mon 29-Apr-13 17:31:47

I'm 38 so a bit surprised to hear symptoms could be pre menopausal..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now