Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What the heck is going on with my period?!?!

(4 Posts)
wrinklyraisin Mon 29-Apr-13 14:20:03

My cycle is usually 25/26 days. On Saturday I just started my period on cycle day 19?! It's. proper full on period, cramps and all. Ugh. Is it early menopause when things start going haywire?

lottieandmia Mon 29-Apr-13 14:23:24

I always had all over the place periods ranging anywhere from 19 to 56 days!

TenthMuse Mon 29-Apr-13 17:02:26

Worth checking out if you're concerned, but periods do tend to go a bit crazy sometimes I think! Mine was reliably 28 days until I hit my '30s. Now my cycle is anything from 21 to 29 days and bleeding ranges from pretty heavy to virtually non-existent. Saw my about this GP six months or so ago (I don't have kids yet and was concerned about fertility) and they did a blood test and ultrasound but found nothing untoward other than a couple of small fibroids. Doctor said sudden erratic periods are fairly common. And things like stress, being under the weather, sudden changes in activity levels etc can have a surprisingly strong influence on your cycle.

Dahlialover Mon 29-Apr-13 17:14:56

I've had 9 weeks followed by 3, but that is deffo meno.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now