Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can I drive after a cortisone injection?

(11 Posts)
Icantstopeatinglol Sun 28-Apr-13 21:20:01

I'm going tomorrow morning for an ultrasound guided cortisone injection (if needed). The dr is doing the ultrasound and if he can see inflammation then he's going to go ahead with the injections.
I'm just not sure wether I need to organise a lift home after or how I'll feel so I know wether I can get to work after or not?

whoopwhoopbib Sun 28-Apr-13 21:26:10

Depends which part of your body you are having it in. I have them in my knees and am told not to drive or even walk more than is strictly necessary as everytime the joint moves the steroid leaks out so doesn't do it's job.

In the early days I did go to work afterwards but the effects of the injections didn't last at all.

Icantstopeatinglol Sun 28-Apr-13 21:28:04

Sorry should have said, shoulders (potentially both of them) and I do an office job?

Maisiemoo13 Sun 28-Apr-13 21:29:35

I was also going to ask where you you might be having them, I had mine in the shoulder and it felt like a bit of a dead arm, I think you would be best arranging to be picked up , you might feel fine but you won't know until you have had it

ggirl Sun 28-Apr-13 21:34:46

my dh regularly gets these from GP and drives straight after

whoopwhoopbib Sun 28-Apr-13 21:39:32

Personally I wouldn't drive or go to work that day just so it has the best chance of working.

Icantstopeatinglol Sun 28-Apr-13 21:42:28

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll probably try and sort a lift then see how I feel for work. Don't want to go through that to then ruin my chances of it lasting a decent amount of time.

sashh Mon 29-Apr-13 05:42:50

It depends how far, the hospital won't let me drive after, fortunately my GP will do them and it's 2 mins drive home then bed rest.

freddiemisagreatshag Mon 29-Apr-13 06:10:23

I drive home after I get mine confused no one has ever said I can't and I've often rocked up to a consultants appointment not knowing I was getting one and she's decided to do it there and then and I've driven home.

landofsoapandglory Mon 29-Apr-13 06:52:22

You're not supposed to. I have them about 6-8 times a year. I had one on Wednesday into my SI joint, the local anaesthetic tracked down a nerve in my leg and it was completely numb until Thursday night. It still doesn't feel right now.

freddiemisagreatshag Mon 29-Apr-13 06:54:14

Thank you. I didn't know this so ill make sure I take someone with me then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now