Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What does this sound like?

(5 Posts)
Limelight Sun 28-Apr-13 20:16:23

I've been having body aches, tiredness, wooziness in the evening on and off for about a fortnight.

I saw my GP on Tues who tested my urine and found blood and also sent me off for blood tests. He thinks it's possible that the wooziness could be caused by the UTI. He prescribed antibiotics and said to come back if things didn't improve.

They haven't really. I feel pretty 'fluey' and am having periods of being incredibly cold too. So much so that I rang OOH last night. He said that because I didn't have a temp I didn't need to do anything last night but that it was possible I had a kidney infection.

Today I'm still feeling ropey. Another bout of being very cold but with no temperature. This evening however I'm warm enough but have a temperature - high 37s /sometimes 38.

So what do we think it is? Kidneys? UTI? Anaemia? I think I probably shouldn't rush off to A&E or anything tonight but try and see a dr in the morning. Does that seem right?

Limelight Sun 28-Apr-13 20:36:53

Bump

LEMisdisappointed Sun 28-Apr-13 21:01:31

Your temperature is high (although not that high) so it does suggest an infection. I would definately be making an appointment for Drs in the morning. When they tested your blood did they test your urine other than a dipstick test? Did they send any away? It might be that you need a different type of antibiotics.

I would be drinking lots to try and flush things through.

Whenever I have had a urine infection I have been in absolute agony down there, but they can have some funny symptoms, some people go totally gaga when they have a UTI.

Limelight Sun 28-Apr-13 21:06:32

They did a dipstick test in the surgery and they have sent it off for tests. I was going to ring in the morning and see if the results were in anyway.

It is all a bit weird. I've had a UTI before but it had all the symptoms you'd expect - pain, burning, weeing loads. That sort of thing!

My grandma used to get UTIs very frequently and used to forget who she was!

Limelight Mon 29-Apr-13 15:53:54

So I've been to the docs again and results are back. It's not a UTI, it's not my kidneys, I'm not anaemic. I officially have a 'mystery infection'. Da da daaaah!

I'm not sure I like being a mystery. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now