Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Found two lumps by the side of neck-scared

(4 Posts)
PrincessConsuella Sun 28-Apr-13 18:26:15

I found two lumps by the side of my neck-the left side. One is small and painful when I touch the other one is larger and not painful. They are soft to touch and do not move.. I don't have a flu or cold or any other infection.. Should I be worried?

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Sun 28-Apr-13 18:59:29

My first thought was lymph nodes and your body is fighting something off -secondly I thought well done Princess recognising something is not as it usually is and wondering what it might be.

I am not medical so me saying oh it's benign so relax is not going to be helpful. To put your mind at rest if I were you I'd get your GP to take a look. Head and neck tumours are relatively rare so please don't jump to the conclusion this will be anything sinister. By the time you go for your appointment the lumps may have subsided or there may even be an accompanying rash or raised temperature if you have an infection but can't really predict over the internet and the sooner you arrange an appointment, the sooner this will be addressed! so best to get checked.

PrincessConsuella Sun 28-Apr-13 19:40:41

Thank you for your reply and reassurance.. I'll keep monitoring it and grt a GP appointment sorted tomorrow

HuggleBuggleBear Tue 30-Apr-13 19:57:18

Did u see your GP? Just wondered what they said. I've been having ear and jaw ache for few days and today found a lump at the side of my neck and very worried now sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now