Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do I have a water infection?

(6 Posts)
shiningstar2013 Sun 28-Apr-13 17:14:28

On Thursday I woke up and found it difficult to start urination, when I did I did not pass much urine even though I had not passes urine since 10pm. Then during the day I had lower back ache and felt no need to go to the loo, when I did go I found it difficult to start urination again.
Friday morning woke up same problem so drank plenty of water, kept having to rush to the loo as it was painful when my bladder was full. I was passing quite a lot of clear urine.
This weekend ive been feeling nauseous. Still passing a lot of urine I can go to the loo and then about 30 mins later need to go again, but then I can go for hours without needing to go.
Does this sound like a water infection?

hiddenhome Sun 28-Apr-13 17:46:38

Yes, it sounds like a water infection. Does your urine smell?

shiningstar2013 Sun 28-Apr-13 17:48:48

No there's no smell

hiddenhome Sun 28-Apr-13 17:50:37

It could still be a uti, esp. as you have back pain and nausea. Mine never usually smells, but it still ends up on my kidneys. Can you see the doctor tomorrow?

shiningstar2013 Sun 28-Apr-13 18:39:46

yeah will try and get a doctors appointment tomorrow

shiningstar2013 Mon 29-Apr-13 20:03:21

went to doctor gave a urine sample everything came back normal, he has sent a sample to labs for testing. He gave me some trimethroprim even though i dont have an infection which i thought was a bit odd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now