Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Early measles symptoms in adults?

(7 Posts)
AngelFishWithAHalo Sun 28-Apr-13 15:03:42

Anyone had it?

Been in contact with a child at the nursery who has suspected measles - not confirmed.

Am immuno suppressed due to frequent predniselone use for chronic disease of airways.

Been feeling off colour for a few days - high temp, coldy, very very sore throat, tired etc. Slight pain in lower tummy at either side.

Will hear tomorrow if child has confirmed measles. I am just slightly paranoid for now! Likely just a cold!

saintlyjimjams Sun 28-Apr-13 15:09:52

Before the rash koplik's spots in the mouth (have a google to see some images, they're like small white or pinky spots - they disappear as the rash comes out)

AngelFishWithAHalo Sun 28-Apr-13 15:15:09

Thanks. no spots in mouth!

saintlyjimjams Sun 28-Apr-13 15:17:13

That's a good sign!

triballeader Mon 29-Apr-13 11:07:46

Measles tends to present in a different way in adults. I found this out the hard way with my husband.
As you have described the sysmptoms my hubby had just befopre he collapsed I for one would be a lot happier if you contacted your GP for advice. The real tell tale is a temp that goes rapidly over 39C and stays there. Kids get kopliks- adults do not. Kids get a wonderful spooty raised rash but adults tend to look like they have sunburn. For both the rash starts on the face. Really hope its just a bad cold!

orangepudding Mon 29-Apr-13 11:13:15

I had it.
First it felt like I had a really bad flu with throat infection. I had a high temp and could only manage to get to the toilet and back, other than that I didn't leave my bed.

GoombayDanceBand Mon 29-Apr-13 11:19:40

call your gp for advice x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now