Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have a poo question. TMI alert.

(36 Posts)
cocolepew Sat 27-Apr-13 21:55:49

When I need to go it seems to be stuck, for want of a better word, just past my perineum. If i push on the outside it will come out. Does this sound like a bowel prolapse?
I did have a hysterectomy last year and the bowel moves down in the space created by the removal of the womb.

LittleMissLucy Sun 28-Apr-13 01:50:32

It could just be piles.

It sounds like a recetocle to me, I suspect I have one but it was not diagnosed when I went to have it looked at.

cocolepew Sun 28-Apr-13 10:15:58

Thanks for answering, it doesn't happen everytime but is quite regular, definitely not piles - I checked grin.

I don't fancy going to the drs, I've had enough surgery in the last couple of years to do me for a while.

digerd Sun 28-Apr-13 10:47:17

I have had that occasionally, but is when I have been inactive for a few days '

Yes it sounds like a rectocele. I have one..(thanks to having four children) and I hada hysterectomy a few years ago. I often need suppositories to 'go' at all as it kinds of irritates the poo along!

SchroSawMargeryDaw Sun 28-Apr-13 14:10:41

Sounds like a rectocele. sad

I push it out from the inside of my fanjo (TMI) that should definitely get it out...

SchroSawMargeryDaw Sun 28-Apr-13 14:11:14

Oh yes, and glycerin suppositories are amazing for this.

cocolepew Sun 28-Apr-13 14:17:28

I think it would help if I pushed against the inside of my vagina, I had to do that before my hysterectomy. At the moment it is working by pushing on the outside.
It just seems to stop at the point where I push.

cocolepew Sun 28-Apr-13 14:18:26

Should I mention to my dr or just put up with it?

Go and see your doctor!

cocolepew Sun 28-Apr-13 15:31:11

I knew you would say that sad

SchroSawMargeryDaw Sun 28-Apr-13 20:26:16

Maggie is right, you should see the Dr. sad

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Sun 28-Apr-13 20:30:56

blush I didn't realise this was a 'problem'. I've had to do the 'push from the inside of the vagina' thing to get it out since the birth of DS2, 9 years ago. blush

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 28-Apr-13 20:33:23

What I love about Mumsnet... Wait around long enough and someone will always mention that which you don't have the bottle to mention yourself... blush grin

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 28-Apr-13 20:34:45

I always thought I was just a bit weird! confused

SchroSawMargeryDaw Sun 28-Apr-13 20:35:19

Saggy God, I had to be the shameless one. blush

Couthy Go see a Gynae! smile

FluffyDavis Sun 28-Apr-13 20:41:33

I also have this problem since having ds3 4 years ago, not all the time but sometimes have to push it out using the wall of my vagina shock
To be honest the thought of seeing a doctor is far more horrific to me than just dealing with it myself hmm
I'm currently pregnant with dc4 so will pluck up the courage in the hospital after the birth to mention it...

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 28-Apr-13 20:50:28

I'm with Fluffy seeing the Dr is FAR worse! I've been like it for years! confused

SchroSawMargeryDaw Sun 28-Apr-13 21:02:39

Tbh I don't blame you... Shameless on here but I go like blush when I talk to the Dr about stuff like that.

Why don't they tell you this stuff before you have kids?

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 28-Apr-13 21:04:46

Because the human race would go into decline! grin

SchroSawMargeryDaw Sun 28-Apr-13 21:09:36

Well most of us have went on to get pregnant again... Does that just make us a bit loony? grin

cocolepew Sun 28-Apr-13 21:14:59

I have no shame grin.
I don't want to go to the dr. I'm sick of being poked and prodded down below.
I'm waiting for another hospital appointment for my eye. I appear to be falling apart.

If it gets to the point where I have to do it everytime then I'll go to the dr.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 28-Apr-13 21:15:21

Well no key tells you until after the damage is done, and then it's done! Might as well have another! grin

SchroSawMargeryDaw Sun 28-Apr-13 21:19:29

But what will the damage be like after another?! <shudders at thought>

Coco You could try movicol or lactulose or something to make it easier to go, if you don't want to see a Dr?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now