Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HELP my nose is falling off!!!

(7 Posts)
dontmeanto Thu 25-Apr-13 09:12:39

Ok maybe not that dramatic but...

For the last two years, every time around this time of year I develop an infection on my nose. It starts off as a really sore spot, then it blisters, scabs, and then leaves a scar. I have two dents on the top of my nose from this happening twice before.

Last time it happened I went to the GP, and she prescribed antibiotics and diagnosed it as some sort of infection, possibly due to sun sensitivity. The antibiotics didn't heal it any quicker than the time before, when I did nothing to treat it.

When it scabs it looks hideous. (Think Wicked Witch wart!)

Well it's happening again, although this time its off the back of a cold. The spot started almost inside my nostril and has spread to the area between my nostrils (septum?) where it's now forming a blister.

I want to say its a cold sore, but can one develop cold sores exclusively on one's nose? Why would they only start suddenly in my adult life?

The thing that upsets me the most is they keep scarring. The first one I understand as I thought it was a spot so I messed around with it. The second time I left it alone but it still scarred.

Is it seasonsonal? Due to low immunity? Anyone else get these? Any treatment?

Very sore and upsetting! Thanks for any help!

dontmeanto Thu 25-Apr-13 09:14:13

Seasonal! Trying to feed baby at same time...

Bluebell99 Thu 25-Apr-13 09:18:28

When I first started reading I thought it sounded like a cold sore, I think they can effect noses. Maybe google herpes as it is the same virus.

YoniMontana Thu 25-Apr-13 09:20:49

My friend gets cold sores below her nose. I would try Zovirax on it.

dontmeanto Thu 25-Apr-13 09:22:12

Thanks will do. Hope that means I can get some cream to help? I just booked in to see GP again cos it really is very red and sore. sad

Bluebell99 Thu 25-Apr-13 09:28:12

I would definitely see the gp again, I've just been googling herpes for you. Sounds like you could get something to prevent full blown attack and triggers can be exposure to sun, stress etc. hope it's better soon.

dontmeanto Thu 25-Apr-13 09:54:22

Aww thanks for googling. Really fits in with cold sore symptoms, but you'd think the GP last year would know the sight of a standard cold sore! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now