Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pulled muscle in my back

(4 Posts)
bedmonster Wed 24-Apr-13 21:24:19

I twisted or something on Sunday and since then have had a horrible sort of twinge/spasming pain on the lower right hand side of my back. It's okay to walk as long as I hold myself very straight and upright. At home, i'm using a hot water bottle but am still in lots and lots of pain. Any advice about what I can do to help it heal quickly?

Emily28 Thu 25-Apr-13 09:16:07

What you are doing is really good.
My husband had the same problem a few months ago.
Avoid too many steps if you can but do go to a walk-in healthcare centre as soon as you can if it continues, just to make sure it's not that smile
I found useful more info here: http://my.clevelandclinic.org/orthopaedics-rheumatology/diseases-conditions/back-strains-and-sprains.aspx

Good luck!

bedmonster Thu 25-Apr-13 09:57:52

Thankyou, though it seems worse again this morning, I think the hot water bottle is making it worse! And it seems to hurt at the top of my back too now. I'm falling to pieces grin

papalazaru Fri 26-Apr-13 04:18:51

Ice it don't use heat. For the first few days after the injury you should rest and ice it, i think for 15-20 minutes at a time but you could google thst to check. Use ibuprofen for the inflammation if you can. Once it starts to feel better and you're a bit more mobile then use heat to help the muscles relax. Good luck a hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now