Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Has anyone got dental insurance ?

(6 Posts)
chickenrice Tue 16-May-06 21:10:51

What have you got? Has it been worth it? Please help. I am going to have to go private as my NHS dentist has gone private and I can't find an NHS dentist that's taking on new patients. Teeth generally okay with old fillings and 1 crown. Thanks.

chickenrice Wed 17-May-06 11:02:41

Anyone? Please.....

jampots Wed 17-May-06 11:04:49

dh pays about £14pm for 2 checkups and scale/polish in a year. We've just signed the children up for it too as the whole practice is private it would appear. We pay about £9 for dd and £5 for ds.

Jasper is a dentist - look out for her online

chickenrice Wed 17-May-06 20:20:43

Which plan and provider is it jampots?

Twinkie1 Wed 17-May-06 20:23:55

Me and DP have a joint Boots one - they are very good it is £27 per month for the pair of us and we get nearly everything back that we pay out - only took it out because my crown in naff and will have to have it done and feel like I am (well DP is) paying monthly so it won't be such a shock when I do have it done!!!

They are very good and pay up quickly and we get advantage card points on what we pay out!!

pesme Wed 17-May-06 20:24:04

we are with denplan cos our dentist when private and dh's teeth are about to drop out in quick succession like a comedy cartoon character that bites and apple only to realise it is a bowling ball! we pay about £20 pm for 3 of us. yes its a rip off and i am p*ssed off about it but on the up side i got a nice shiney white(ish) filling on it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: