Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Advice please. Scared theres something wrong...

(15 Posts)
MrsWolowitz Wed 24-Apr-13 17:52:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsWolowitz Wed 24-Apr-13 17:54:14

RawCoconutMacaroon Wed 24-Apr-13 18:02:45

Diabetes? I think there's a link with thyroid issues... Has your urine or blood been tested?

Autoimune problems? Celiac?

What is your diet like? Iron levels, have they been tested? Any other Health issues such as joint pain, muscle pain? Headaches?

Sorry , just looking for a few more clues! smile

cocolepew Wed 24-Apr-13 18:05:15

I you started medication for your bipolar? Could it be that?
The most obvious would be that you thyroid levels aren't right.

MrsWolowitz Wed 24-Apr-13 18:16:19

Badvoc Wed 24-Apr-13 18:31:02

That's on the low side mrsw.
Also, have you had your or levels checked?
Some meds do affect iron absorption.
Do you think you are in a depressive bipolar phase ATM? I think that it's common to want to stay in bed when that happens?
Ask the doc about nifepidrine which will help with the blood pressure and headaches.
Do you have raynauds by any chance?

MrsWolowitz Wed 24-Apr-13 18:38:25

cocolepew Wed 24-Apr-13 18:56:56

I would ask you dr to run a full range of blood tests tbh. You need your thyroid checked , your bp, and iron, vit b etc. Do you feel breathless?

cocolepew Wed 24-Apr-13 18:58:43

Do you eat well? Or crave any foods in particular? I get an intolerance to wheat if I eat too much of it, I get extremely fatigued and muscle ache.

NothingsLeft Wed 24-Apr-13 19:02:12

Have you tested for coeliac disease? Your more likely to develop it if you have another autoimmune disorder. I would get tiredness like you've never felt before i was diagnosed. Would almost have to lay down in restaurants. Might be worth getting it ruled out.

RawCoconutMacaroon Wed 24-Apr-13 19:39:25

From the further info in your other post... Id suggest trying a total (absolute) removal of all grains from your diet for a month. Just to see what happens... Grains, gluten containing ones especially are associated with all kinds of autoimmune diseases....

RawCoconutMacaroon Wed 24-Apr-13 19:44:05

I was utterly amazed at the effect cutting out grains had on various illnesses I had, which I had no idea were connected to gluten and othe grain proteins ( I gave up grains to follow a paleo diet and wasn't expecting to get all those health benefits).

DameFanny Wed 24-Apr-13 19:44:40

I discovered this morning that I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia - which explains why I've been confined to the sofa sinceMonday afternoon. The rheumatologist said it was on the back of my hypermobility, but having done some intensive googling (as you do) there seems to be a link between fibro and hypothyroid - which I was diagnosed with in summer of 2011, and which it's supposed to be under control.

Worth investigating?

MrsWolowitz Wed 24-Apr-13 20:37:48

Badvoc Wed 24-Apr-13 20:42:22

Mrsw...my optician told me about that drug. It's for raynauds, and has the side effect of raising blood pressure and helping with migraines!!
Worth a try?
X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now