Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

mass on uterus

(2 Posts)
dipop Tue 23-Apr-13 22:30:09

been for a scan today after very heavy irregular periods and abdominal pain and swelling to be told I have a very thick womb lining and a thick mass i have to go back for a mri scan. anyone else had anything similar?

Januarymadness Tue 23-Apr-13 22:40:25

After a scan I was told by the gp that I had a mass and what looked luke a cervical cyst that would need removing. I heard words like biopsy and operation and I paniced. By the time I got to the gynae consultant I was VERY worried. Turns out my GP didnt have a clue. The cyst was small and so common to me considered normal. The mass appeared to be an adenomyosis, which translates as nothing to worry about and certainly nothing requiring an op. It also is the likely cause of heavy clotted periods. ( and the pcos meant that they were irregular too)

This may or may not be the case for you. But the moral of my story is that panic before you know what is going on is a waste of energy.

Good luck. I hope it is "nothing" for you too. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now