Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Infection after LLETZ? Tmi sorry

(6 Posts)
FattyMcChubster Mon 22-Apr-13 19:03:28

Sorry, totally tmi but need some advice.
Had LLETZ on Wednesday last week, no bleeding or anything but started with a watery discharge Saturday which I was told could happen.
It's now a very heavy watery discharge, orange/yellow in colour and I smell bad blushsad
Totally mortified. Having the treatment done was bad enough but now this?!
I've also got awful pains like severe period pain which is making me feel ill and my stomach is bloated.
Any advice? Anyone had this or does it sound like an infection?

FattyMcChubster Mon 22-Apr-13 19:03:46

Bumping as would like advice

Fanon Mon 22-Apr-13 19:51:32

I don't have any knowledge to offer, but if scroll down there is a recent thread called 'vile fanjo problem' that looks like it would be useful to you(on phone so can't link).
I hada horrid Lletz a couple of years ago so feel for you.

FattyMcChubster Mon 22-Apr-13 19:54:52

Thanks fanon. I'm pretty sure it's an infection but just wondered if there was a chance I was overreacting! I'll go see the doctor tomorrow.

Fanon Mon 22-Apr-13 19:57:02

I'm glad, I think the smell makes it very likely. Don't be embarrassed it's just the way the human body works.
Hope you feel better soon.

PipsWife Mon 22-Apr-13 20:00:35

I had a LLETZ a few years ago, had the watery discharge but no smell. Worth getting it checked out I think.
Hope you're better soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now