Abnormal bone profile in blood test results - what does this mean??

(7 Posts)
Magicrabbit Mon 22-Apr-13 15:24:46

I had a blood test last week as I've felt very lethargic for some time and I'm really struggling to lose weight. Initially I put this down to the fact that I had a new baby 5 months ago but things are not improving as you would expect them too (baby sleeping through, following ww diet plus exercising). I have a family history of under active thyroid so wondered if I have now developed that.

Doctor said they'd test me for thyroid, vit D and iron levels.

Anyway I have a telephone appt with doctor on Thursday to discuss results but the receptionist told me my blood count was fine but I have abnormal bone profile result.

Can anyone shed any light on what this means?

Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
BigPigLittlePig Mon 22-Apr-13 15:30:27

It could mean a million and one different things (sorry) and is so vague as to be a completely useless piece of information for you to have been given. It in all likelihood relates to the vit. D test as this forms part of a bone profile, along with calcium and various other hormones. Low vit D is increasingly common in this country and easily corrected. There are many other conditions too which could affect tthe levels - do yourself a favour and don't use Dr Google, have a brew and try not to worry yourself between now and Thursday!

Zoeemmalou Thu 31-Jan-19 17:28:35

Hi I no this is an old thread but I was wondering how you went on and what was wrong? Mines come back abnormal too

DanniLou1985 Mon 03-Feb-20 10:12:46

Hi I have just gotten the same results and have to go in to get home profile test repeated. I’m really worried

DanniLou1985 Mon 03-Feb-20 10:13:46

Bone profile repeated that was!

Staceyanne1092 Fri 08-Jan-21 14:54:27

I know this is an old post but did anyone ever get results, I’ve just had the same thing bone profile is abnormal but I don’t have a clue what it means, any help would be appreciated 🙂

Staceyanne1092 Fri 08-Jan-21 14:54:45

Did you ever get answers??

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in