Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Abnormal bone profile in blood test results - what does this mean??

(2 Posts)
Magicrabbit Mon 22-Apr-13 15:24:46

I had a blood test last week as I've felt very lethargic for some time and I'm really struggling to lose weight. Initially I put this down to the fact that I had a new baby 5 months ago but things are not improving as you would expect them too (baby sleeping through, following ww diet plus exercising). I have a family history of under active thyroid so wondered if I have now developed that.

Doctor said they'd test me for thyroid, vit D and iron levels.

Anyway I have a telephone appt with doctor on Thursday to discuss results but the receptionist told me my blood count was fine but I have abnormal bone profile result.

Can anyone shed any light on what this means?

Thanks.

BigPigLittlePig Mon 22-Apr-13 15:30:27

It could mean a million and one different things (sorry) and is so vague as to be a completely useless piece of information for you to have been given. It in all likelihood relates to the vit. D test as this forms part of a bone profile, along with calcium and various other hormones. Low vit D is increasingly common in this country and easily corrected. There are many other conditions too which could affect tthe levels - do yourself a favour and don't use Dr Google, have a brew and try not to worry yourself between now and Thursday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now