Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

cervical erosion?!!

(9 Posts)
tyedye Tue 16-May-06 10:29:26

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Tue 16-May-06 10:30:14

No. This is normal and common after pregnancy/childbirth.

Are you post-partum?

tyedye Tue 16-May-06 10:31:41

Message withdrawn

mygirllolipop Wed 17-May-06 20:21:48

Message withdrawn

Marne Wed 17-May-06 20:25:42

I had this when i was pg with both dd's but it seems to clear up after giving birth, its nothing to worry about but on rare occasions can require surgery (thats what the doctor told me)

NotQuiteCockney Wed 17-May-06 20:27:13

I had it before DS1 but don't think I have it now. It sounds much more alarming than it is - it's just a bit of uterine lining tissue on the cervix, where it shouldn't be. Sometimes it's called an "evasion" rather than an "erosion".

Mamulka Wed 17-May-06 21:18:11

Your bleeding between periods might be because of ovulation (some women have a slight bleeding when ovulating) and not because of erosion. Erosion would rather give you a slight bleeding after you had sex. Anyway it is not a big deal as long as you keep an eye on it. It tends to ran in the families as well. My mum had one (had a little surgery on it when she was in her 40s and she is fine now), my sister has one and I do. You have to be careful with contraception though, diaphragm may be not recommended and also avoid "fancy" condoms ribbed ones and alike. This is what my gynecologist said to me. I think this is sensible. And a smear test once a year is a must. They may also ask you to do a colposkopy (have I got this spelling right?). Don't worry, be happy...

nellie245 Wed 17-May-06 21:21:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tyedye Thu 18-May-06 13:18:36

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: