Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Second teeth - how long do they take to come through?

(7 Posts)
rickman Tue 16-May-06 09:39:53

Message withdrawn

rickman Tue 16-May-06 10:27:27

Message withdrawn

Bozza Tue 16-May-06 10:38:18

I can't help because DS's teeth were through before his baby ones had even fallen out. We were concerned about that! I would take her back to the dentist if you are concerned.

foxinsocks Tue 16-May-06 10:40:21

I would go back to the dentist.

When dd's teeth fell out, the new ones were underneath. I could just see the tips. However, hers were wobbly for ages before they fell out (a good few months) but 8 months seems a long time.

Bink Tue 16-May-06 11:06:57

So long as they're there under the gum, I wouldn't worry. Ds lost all four of his top incisors last year and has had just the primary ones for the best part of a year, with the secondary incisors only just coming through now. Because a couple of his cousins just don't have (genetically) those top secondary incisors I checked with the dentist and she said as long as they show up on the X-ray, and there's room for them to come in (ie they're not being blocked) it's just a waiting game.

mumfor1standfinaltime Tue 16-May-06 11:24:45

I wouldnt worry, if they were wobbly there should be something under there.

Little tale for you~
My sister fell over and knocked both of her front teeth out when she was just 2 years old. All her playgroup and early school pics she has no front teeth! My Mums only concern is that she would end up with a speech impediment, but she was fine.

singersgirl Tue 16-May-06 11:33:11

DS1 knocked out his middle top two incisors in February 05 and they are still not through (he's 8 in August), but the dentist can see them and in fact one is about to cut now. Yippee!

His middle bottom 2 fell out naturally in August 04, but only one grew through for ages. It was a full year before the other one started coming in.

He's now lost the outer 2 incisors at the bottom, so is very gappy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: