Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

One spot on wrist with blister... bite or chickenpox?!

(1 Post)
GeorginaA Tue 16-May-06 09:16:56

Okay, this is down right weird. ds2 has a spot on his wrist which has a blister about a mm or two across with a wider red patch around it. He's had it since last night, no signs of other spots.

I've kept him away from the school playground today just in case (too many very pregnant mums and tiny babies) and we won't be going to tumbletots. Can't get a doctor's appointment until 3pm. Does it sound like chickenpox or just a bite? Seems such a weird place for a single chickenpox spot. (ds1's started on his back, I'm sure).

Tried to look at some photos on the web, but a blistered spot looks like a blistered spot to me and I'm blowed if I can tell the difference...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: