Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vile fanjo problem

(58 Posts)
GaryMcGuigan Sun 21-Apr-13 17:57:03

Name changed for obvious reasons.

I had a minor gynae op four weeks ago. All is well with that, all bleeding from it stopped some time ago. I now have a horrible discharge, had it for about 5 days. It is like a very heavy period in flow, but is pale pinky yellow in colour and watery.

The worst thing is (embarrassed) is that is really stinks. Horrible rotten meat smell. It's almost like pus. I can't have pus dripping from there can I?

I called the dr surgery and spoke to the triage nurse FridY and have an appointment tomorrow for a swab. But I will have to do the swab myself in the loo, no way am I having some poor cow go anywhere near me in this state.

I have a period like pain as well.

Pus-y pussy. Fucking marvellous.

GaryMcGuigan Sun 21-Apr-13 17:57:56

Thank Christ the namexhange worked, no 'is that you UCM' for me.

DoctorAnge Sun 21-Apr-13 17:58:52

Oh dear. It sounds like you have an internal infection.

Poor you.

Sparklingbrook Sun 21-Apr-13 17:58:59

sad It isn't vile. It sounds like you have an infection. You will probably get antibiotics and be sent on your way.

Do you feel ok yourself apart from that?

QOD Sun 21-Apr-13 17:59:56

Bacterial vagi thing by sounds of it, poor you

tallwivglasses Sun 21-Apr-13 18:01:28

Don't worry - they'll have seen it all before.

GaryMcGuigan Sun 21-Apr-13 18:02:03

Is it usual to have such a heavy discharge like this? Never had anything like it. It gushes out periodically.

It's the smell which is the worst. Sorry to be vulgar but I can smell myself now sitting on the sofa fully dressed through half a bottle of body spray.

GaryMcGuigan Sun 21-Apr-13 18:02:50

I feel a bit grim, like I have got a hangover.

Gigondas Sun 21-Apr-13 18:04:43

It's an infection- I stank when got wound infection. Antibios cleared it up quickly tho.

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 21-Apr-13 18:08:39

Feeling ill, pain and heavy, foul-smelling vaginal discharge following gynae surgery points to infection. This is potentially v serious and needs assessment now.

Please contact your OOH service or go to A&E asap. Don't leave it until tomorrow.

GaryMcGuigan Sun 21-Apr-13 18:09:50

Oh Christ do you really think so? I don't want to waste anyone's time.

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 21-Apr-13 18:11:01

Yes, I do think so. I promise no one will think you are wasting time.

MrsFrederickWentworth Sun 21-Apr-13 18:12:55

Yes, agree. District nurse came to see me ASAP on Xmas Day in similar circs.

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 21-Apr-13 18:13:10

If it was just discharge it would be ok to wait but you have developed pain and started to feel ill; this CANNOT wait.

Really don't want to scare you but it needs sorting now.

UnChartered Sun 21-Apr-13 18:21:31

i'm sure you have, but YY to getting emergency care

internal infections can lead onto septicemia and other conditions really quickly

thanks hope you're ok

YoniMatopoeia Sun 21-Apr-13 18:23:12

Agree with Bore .

Leverette Sun 21-Apr-13 18:25:24

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

GaryMcGuigan Sun 21-Apr-13 18:30:40

Thanks very much, I have just called NHS direct and a nurse is going to call me back, so we will see what's what.

Thanks for your help.

Sparklingbrook Sun 21-Apr-13 18:31:19

YY ring OOH. Get seen and get the meds started.

beginnings Sun 21-Apr-13 18:33:41

I wouldn't bother with the OOH and NHS Direct OP, I'd go to A&E. Best of luck. Hope you're better soon.

Badvoc Sun 21-Apr-13 18:35:27

Got to a and e.
Please.
You could get very ill very quickly.
You may need IV ABs.

GaryMcGuigan Sun 21-Apr-13 18:36:35

Well the NHS direct nurse called back really quickly, I am on hold with her now.

cardamomginger Sun 21-Apr-13 18:36:44

Get seen now. I've had 3 lots of major gynae surgery. This sounds like it could be a major infection. I've had minor infections on 2 occasions, with symptoms much less significant than you report, and I was taken seriously. No one will think you are wasting their time. I'm sorry, but you will need to be examined and have a HCP take the swab. I know it's grim, really I do, but all they will be thinking about is how to work out what it wrong with you and how to get you better. If you have a discharge letter from your surgery, take that with you when you go to A&E.

cardamomginger Sun 21-Apr-13 18:37:12

Sorry - forgot the hug and the X!

Badvoc Sun 21-Apr-13 18:37:34

Oh and it isn't grim btw.
It's a part of your body that needs medical attention use like your head or arm.
Please don't feel embarrassed.
Hcps have seen it all before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now