Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

pain in right side...can anyone help me guess what this might be.

(7 Posts)
woahthere Sun 21-Apr-13 15:13:18

I've had a pain in my right side, feels like its where my ovary is, the pain is hurting even into my leg.

I had a bit of a weird cycle this month. Usually I get my period every 28 days, but this time it was a week early and only lasted for 2 days, and then the pain started. Is it possible that I got pregnant and then my body has rejected it straight away and this is why Im in pain?

In 2 minds whether to see a doctor. The pain is not excruciating, but it is certainly persistant, and just a bit weird.

ThreeWheelsGood Sun 21-Apr-13 21:59:48

If you might be pregnant, get medical advice soon, it might be an ectopic pregnancy which can be very serious.

Ledkr Sun 21-Apr-13 22:03:00

Could it be ovulation pain.
Also appendix pain is on that area.
Get it checked to be safe

DwellsUndertheSink Sun 21-Apr-13 22:07:02

def. see your GP

geminigirl Sun 21-Apr-13 22:23:45

Have you done a pregnancy test? The bleeding could have been an implantation bleed if you are pregnant, pain could be from an ectopic...that's probably worst case scenario. It could also be appendicitis or an ovarian cyst, I have a frequent pain in my right side just where you describe, it's like a jagging sensation and I have discovered that I have an ovarian cyst but because I'm pregnant (only 7 weeks and 5 days....Counting? Me?? grin ) there will be no treatment unless it becomes very troublesome.

woahthere Sun 21-Apr-13 23:38:14

I messed up a bit this month. I felt like i had raging pmt, and convinced myself was due on, then because of this told bf it was safe to have sex without condom without getting pg, then realised the next day that I was a week out and way early...but sure enough when i got bleeding 2 days after thought was right about pmt etc....but then it was a light period for only 2 days and since then this persistent pain...so it cant be ovulating pain...unless my bodys on some kind of fast track right now! but i looked up about ectopic and it seems that i had too much bleeding for it to be implantation bleeding. if it still hurts tomorrow going to go and get checked as it is strange.

digerd Mon 22-Apr-13 06:43:46

Agree with all above possibilities. Do see GP if persists today.
Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now