Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Early period?

(5 Posts)
QueenOfCats Sat 20-Apr-13 22:31:39

Last month my period was a week early. Didn't think anything of it really, except that it was a bit odd.

Now this month's has come a week early.

Is this anything to worry about? Should I see my Gp, or wait and see how the next couple are?

Recently had blood tests that all came back normal for thyroid etc, so not thyroid related.

Gp thought I had PCOS a couple if years back - hormone levels were ok then, but a vaginal scan showed that my ovaries were cystic. Do you think that has any relevance?

Sorry for all the questions!

lazydog Sun 21-Apr-13 03:56:33

Don't know, but I just want to rant (and sympathise, of course! grin) about the same thing... I thought last month's 20 day cycle was due to travelling/jet lag messing up my body clock, but it's arrived after 21 this time, too. angry

digerd Sun 21-Apr-13 07:01:52

Mine reduced in my 40s and was the beginning of the menopause.

QueenOfCats Sun 21-Apr-13 11:22:30

I hope it's not the menopause - I've only just turned 34!

Emily28 Thu 25-Apr-13 10:40:05

No it shouldn't.
My mom had a change in period duration too when she was about 40. She always tell me as if to warn me. ugh.
It happens to me too (it can come on the spot or earlier).
I feel like I know when it's coming earlier and a few times I've had to stop it coming because of family holidays or weddings.
So I went online and found the online clinic which, after a free consultation, prescribed me with norethisterone. I use it now and then and to be honest it's very convenient when I really need to stop it.
Don't use it every month though.
Best of luck with this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now