Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Trivial but how to get over food poisoning.

(10 Posts)
LunaticFringe Sat 20-Apr-13 13:05:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

noblegiraffe Sat 20-Apr-13 13:09:31

The BRAT diet - bananas, rice, apples, toast (no butter) are good after food poisoning. Not crisps!

I'd advise lucozade sport (non fizzy), it has plenty of calories to perk you up. I lived on it alone for a week after getting bad food poisoning!

LunaticFringe Sat 20-Apr-13 13:14:48

mybelovedmonster Sat 20-Apr-13 13:18:14

Crisps are fine! I'd just go with eating what you can stomach. For me that means s&v crisp sandwiches, and coke. Fizzy water is good too.

As long as you're keeping water down just eat what makes you feel better. Stay away from fatty and dairy because that will prob make you feel worse.

soaccidentprone Sat 20-Apr-13 13:18:30

Dry toast and peppermint tea

Maybe a very ripe banana. If you don't feel like eating then you need to listen to your body. You don't need to eat at this stage. Just make sure you drink plenty of clear fluids.

Hope you feel we'll soon.

soaccidentprone Sat 20-Apr-13 13:19:30

Wellblush

ProbablyJustGas Sat 20-Apr-13 13:25:38

bio yogurt. was the only thing that did the trick when I had a week of food poisoning. replace bad bacteria with good.

LunaticFringe Sat 20-Apr-13 13:47:31

ilovepowerhoop Sat 20-Apr-13 14:37:32

crisps are fine and so are any bland carb rich foods e.g. toast, pasta, rice, etc. There is no need to limit to the BRAT diet and I dont think it is recommended any more as it is low in protein and other nutrients. Could you try soup?

LunaticFringe Sat 20-Apr-13 17:08:33

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now