Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tender breasts and very heavy iykwim

(3 Posts)
Lavenderhoney Sat 20-Apr-13 11:42:41

For the last few days I have had very tender and sore breasts, and when I take my bra off they are very heavy and painful to move about. This is new to me ( only had it when prgnt)

I had a period at the start of this month which was short and very very heavy with clots ( scary sized) which is new to me as well, though I did have a cyst last sept which the doc said would go on its own.

Could it be hormonal and I see a gnyny or could I be pregnant? Would sore breasts be that quick? I can't remember from last time, and we don't use contraception, we would like another if it happens.

amazingmumof6 Sun 21-Apr-13 01:12:15

I think you should see your gp and discuss these things.
I think you should also have a scan to see if those heavy clots were indeed the cyst clearing out - if it was then it may not have been a period at all and you could possibly be pregnant.

I would also do a pregnancy test.

either way I hope you are all right

Lavenderhoney Sun 21-Apr-13 10:49:52

Thanks, Im going to see the gyny over the next week so ill see what she says.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now