Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Small spot come up.... Worried sick

(13 Posts)
L4dyluck Sat 20-Apr-13 09:52:56

Hi
I recently found a small pimple like spot on my labia (majora) close to my vaginal opening. It is small and looks like a spot without a head. It doesn't really itch or cause any problem and I only noticed it due to the fact that I decided to go completely hairless!! shock so I don't know how long it's been there.
I am 31 and only had 3 sexual partners .. The XP I was with 13 years and he cheated a few times.
I have booked an appointment with my nurse at my GP surgery but I'm so worried I'm scaring myself sick!
I have a new partner who I have only been with 6 months and we had a bit of a drunken night when we first met a year but decided to get to know each other and actually date so we have only slept together 3 times ( including drunken night last year) .. Basically I'm worried what it is,if its something bad who have I caught it from and how do I tell new bloke without him walking away and thinking I'm ?? Well who knows what!!
It's actually getting me down and I'm crying all the time !
I know no one can make things better but I just need a bit of friendly advice x thanks in advance

ilovepowerhoop Sat 20-Apr-13 09:56:49

it could just be an ingrowing hair. Have you tried popping it? I occasionally get boil like spots in that area but pop them and then they go away.

It could also be a bartholins cyst depending on its position

TweenageAngst Sat 20-Apr-13 09:58:39

What power hoop said. Please stop stressing about this. The nurse will be able to reassure you.

L4dyluck Sat 20-Apr-13 10:13:25

I did have a little squeeze but nothing came out !
I am really trying to not think the worst but googling things does not help !!
blush

L4dyluck Sat 20-Apr-13 14:01:16

bump

winnybella Sat 20-Apr-13 14:07:39

Well, your boyfriend would be a total wanker if he walked away or thought you were a slag hmm because you caught STI (which, btw, you could have caught from him). It's probably nothing and even if it is something, it's not the end of the world, there are treatments, you'll be ok.

And erm...you say he's your partner, but you've only slept together 3 times in 6 months?

BikeRunSki Sat 20-Apr-13 14:07:58

I second what PowerHoop said. it's a bit hot and sweaty down there, things get clogged up occasionally.

L4dyluck Sat 20-Apr-13 14:39:10

Winnybella Maybe I should have explained a little better...

We met through a friend a year ago, I had only been single a few mints and he was at the end of a relationship. We took each others numbers and at the time I wasn't really interested in a new relationship which was the same for him. We met up for a couple of times for drinks with friends and started texting each other daily and then realised we liked each other. But we didn't want to dive in due to past experience with XP's.
At Christmas we decided to step it up a gear and actually date,but due to our living circumstances,work and me having DS we don't get a lot of chances for nights together. Hence the only 3 times. But it works for us.
I don't think he would walk away but like I said I do think the worst quite often and I have become very insecure since XP.

L4dyluck Sat 20-Apr-13 14:40:49

Thanks powerhoop, bikerunski and tweenageangst
I have a very insecure and worrying nature lately and things end up eating me up until I burst !

winnybella Sat 20-Apr-13 14:49:51

I'm sorry you're feeling so anxious and have low self-esteem, tbh that is something that I would make an appointment with a GP for, if you haven't already.
And yes, the spot can be just a spot/ingrown hair (didn't you say you removed hair recently? That would seem like the most logical explanation) or something you've had for ages...even if it is herpes or genital warts, and I think they usually come up in clusters so not sure it could be it, they can be dealt with.

L4dyluck Sat 20-Apr-13 15:13:39

thanks for the advice winnybella. I do hope its nothing ! I have spoke to my GP numerous times about my anxieties/insecurities but have to admit they havent been a great help and put it down to break up with XP !!

winnybella Sat 20-Apr-13 15:32:57

That's crap of them, whatever triggered your current state of mind, you are not feeling well and it's affecting your life so I think they should take it seriously and offer some ideas. CBT seems like an efficient way to deal with negative thoughts/anxieties but I'm not sure how long you would need to wait, I think it can take quite a few months after referral. Could you try to be more insistent with him/her?

L4dyluck Sat 20-Apr-13 15:48:27

Well I have been 3/4 times and have spoken briefly to a councellor. But because I am not constantly down in the dumps they are putting it down to trauma related stress??!!
I am a happy person majority of the time but the anxiety and worrying drives me nuts!
I even cry when I come home from a lovely evening out with the bloke!!
So you can imagine how the current spot problem has made me grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now