Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cysts in the sinuses???

(5 Posts)
mynaughtylittlesister Fri 19-Apr-13 23:49:52

I have suffered over the last 4 years with numerous sinus infections. I have had 2 operations. Today I saw the ENT Consultant and had a CT scan as I have had 7 sinus infections in as many months. Got the results of of CT scan and apparently now I have cysts! Consultant has said that my sinus openings are good and that its the cysts that are causing the infections.

It was discovered about 6 weeks ago that my immune system is not great and I am waiting for an appointment at the Royal Brompton and this may contribute to the infections.

Has anyone else suffered from these???? What happened to you??? Did it clear?????

I have been told 3 tablets of an anti inflammatory for 3 months, I am so skeptical at the moment its untrue!

mynaughtylittlesister Sat 20-Apr-13 16:08:59

bump

Hoophopes Sun 21-Apr-13 10:47:39

Hi, I have repeated infections due to immunological conditions. Hopefully your referral will perhaps help you find out what state your immune system is in. I have to take antibiotics every day and snob any infection to treat it with correct ab's at a higher and longer dose. Hope you get some answers and sinus issues abate.

mynaughtylittlesister Sun 21-Apr-13 19:24:22

Thank you for answering Hoophopes. Can I ask with your repeated infections are they the same infections or are they different each time? As in I seem to only get sinus infections and miss out (thankfully) on other nasty lurgies!

Hoophopes Sun 21-Apr-13 19:26:33

They vary, for a long time ear infections, then it seemed to be chest infections for a few years. Now sinus. Thankfully due to anti-biotic regime they are less often and less severe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now