Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Late period - NOT pregnant!

(8 Posts)
Empross76 Fri 19-Apr-13 17:25:53

My period is a week late. I'm definitely not pregnant as no sex this month! I'm never late. Don't even have 'coming on' pains yet so period doesn't look imminent.
Anyone have any ideas where my period has gone?!

digerd Fri 19-Apr-13 20:52:09

pregnant from last month as has happened, though not often.
Or the menopause
Thyroid problems.

That is the extent of my experience.

SugarMiceInTheRain Fri 19-Apr-13 20:54:15

I'm wondering where mine's gone too. I've had the PMS symptoms now on and off for 3 months but no AF. It's driving me insane. Also definitely not pregnant as I've wasted several tests in the past few weeks. I may head to my GP if nothing changes in the next couple of weeks.

digerd Fri 19-Apr-13 21:11:39

I had no periods from an overactive Thyroid gland and SIS the same from an underactive one.

I had lots of other symptoms before that happened, but SIS had none.

Another woman had no periods for 4 months, then one for 2 - hers was the perimenopause at 44.

digerd Fri 19-Apr-13 21:12:47

ps
Plus a cyst on one ovary.

amazingmumof6 Sat 20-Apr-13 13:37:55

any of the above or it could be due to any situation that causes stress (mentally or physically) such as illness, travelling unexpectedly, training harder than before or doing strenuous exercise, loosing or gaining a lot of weight in a relatively short time and all the big stressful things like: wedding, changing jobs, moving houses, divorce or separation, loosing a loved one etc.

pretty much anything unusual or taxing on the body or mind - it's the body's defense mechanism thinking :"well she's a bit preoccupied, not a good time to fall pregnant" (sex or not, ovulation is delayed)

Merguez Sat 20-Apr-13 19:57:18

Peri-menopause? How old are you?

forehead Sat 20-Apr-13 19:59:55

Probably peri menopause

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now