Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Weird q about eyes...

(11 Posts)
Moominsarehippos Fri 19-Apr-13 15:07:07

Can sugar or caffeine make your eyes go 'all googley'?

Stripedsocksarecool Fri 19-Apr-13 15:19:54

I don't think so, what kind of googley? Blurry, shaky?

Moominsarehippos Fri 19-Apr-13 15:24:53

You know when you come off a really fast roundabout? That googley! Can't quite focus and feel as if they are twitching really really quickly.

MrsBungle Fri 19-Apr-13 15:28:08

I get opthalmic migraines - no pain but my vision goes wonky and sometimes disappears altogether. I saw the Opthamologist (sp? Is that even what they are called - the eye doctor grin ) in a hospital clinic and he said they can be brought on my caffeine, chocolate etc.

Iseeall Fri 19-Apr-13 15:36:10

I think it sounds like a migraine. Does it feel like you want to shake your head to clear your vision iyswim.

Moominsarehippos Fri 19-Apr-13 15:39:15

Yes! Like a cartoon so they can bounce up and down and 'right' themselves!

I used to get stonking migraines years and years ago (flashing lights) but haven't had one for at least 25 years. Could be - it makes sense!

Bugger - sweets and coffee are five two of my five a day!

MrsBungle Fri 19-Apr-13 15:40:45

Could you be stressed or tired? I am sure that's what seems to trigger mine rather than chocolate or caffeine tries to convince self

Moominsarehippos Fri 19-Apr-13 15:48:14

Could be.

I've been majorly stressed for a few weeks and just as I was feeling 'normal' had a major balls up at work (which turned out completely fine though). I woke up this morning depressed as hell but did the whole keeping busy and grin like a chimp and seemed to drag myself out of the black hole. Then I wolfed a whole packet of skittles (oh yum) on an emtry stomach and the eyes went again.

I'm probably just going batty, aren't I?

Iseeall Fri 19-Apr-13 15:56:58

Yes stress and your older history of migraines do suggest migraine, They come in various forms, not just the 'I want to lay in a dark room for days' type of migraine.
You can easily buy over the counter migraine meds now , there are a few different types, your local chemist will make sure you get the right thing, even if you are feeling better now it might be worth stocking up incase it happens again.

Moominsarehippos Fri 19-Apr-13 16:04:11

Thanks all! I'm telling you, its all downhill once you hit 40 25!

MrsBungle Fri 19-Apr-13 16:06:27

For me, it was down hill after having kids! They ruined me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now