Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vomitting bug and pregnancy

(4 Posts)
LittleMonster100 Fri 19-Apr-13 10:12:57

Can this harm unborn baby at all?

Am 23 weeks and was vomitting for the past 24 hours, feel very weak and faint, and could only manage a small banana yesterday.

Feels better today but still feel very weak. Could this vomitting and lack of food harm baby or is everything okay now I'm feeling better?

Everytime I threw up the baby would kick like crazy and I felt terrible.

acebaby Fri 19-Apr-13 11:31:06

poor you sad This happened to me at 37 weeks. What I was told was that the lack of food would not be a problem, as long as it didn't go on for too long, but that dehydration could be dangerous. So I would keep trying to sip diaraloyte or equivalent, and ring your GP or midwife for further advice about avoiding dehydration.

firstpost Fri 19-Apr-13 11:40:03

Hello,

I had noro virus at 27 weeks. Was completely unable to keep water down and after 24 hours the midwife came and gave me an anti sickness injection that really helped. If you are able to keep down water don't worry too much as a couple of days without food won't harm the baby.

Hope you feel better soon

LittleMonster100 Fri 19-Apr-13 11:48:45

Thank you both, managed a few sips of water and an ice lolly yesterday and managing to drink water fine today, so hopefully everything is okay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now