Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Constantly tired...

(7 Posts)
Tiny12 Thu 18-Apr-13 16:40:57

As subject says I am constantly tired. It's really getting me down as all I want to do is sleep.
Does anyone recommend anything that would give me a boost?

unebagpipe Thu 18-Apr-13 17:56:58

Last time I was run down I took floradix which you can buy in holland and Barrett. It did do the trick so was pleased. I too seem to be constantly exhausted- my dh says its because I'm unfit!shock (Probably true)

Angelico Thu 18-Apr-13 23:39:21

I had really severe fatigue after a virus years ago. I took Floradix too but also really looked at my diet. Did WW which meant eating loads of fruit and veg and eating less generally. I think people underestimate how crap you can feel from overeating / eating loads of rubbish. I have been feeling exhausted recently (have baby) but think it's because we have been eating a lot of processed foods. Have told DH (fussy eater) that he's going to have to man up and eat what is put in front of him - or fend for himself.

CharleenKay Thu 18-Apr-13 23:47:12

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

blondieminx Thu 18-Apr-13 23:50:53

It would be worth you seeing the GP, and asking specifically for them to check your bloods for anaemia, vit D deficiency and thyroid problems.

Do you have cold hands/feet? Any skin changes?

Pollykitten Thu 18-Apr-13 23:54:07

what blondie said

RubyDanglesBangle Thu 18-Apr-13 23:56:12

I'd suggest getting your thyroid and vit b levels checked by GP.

I take Berocca supplement daily, need the B vits, but it helps with my tiredness.

Are you veggie? Are you of an age to be peri?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now