Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Buggy Walks in South Gloucestershire

(4 Posts)
NestaF Thu 18-Apr-13 10:42:49

I work for South Gloucestershire Council and am running a FREE buggy walk every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month. The walk is designed to help parents/carers get outside walking with their little ones in their buggy, getting fresh air and exercise.
These walks are perfect for people that are new to, or returning to exercise, who want to meet other parents, get outdoors and explore the local area. Afterwards relax with a cuppa and chat!
The group meet outside of Emersons Green library, Emersons Way, Emersons Green, BS16 7AP at 10am and go for an approx 45 minute walk around the local area. So come along with your little one in the buggy and off we go. This group is a great way to meet other mums, have a chat and get fresh air and exercise at the same time.

EwanHoozami Thu 18-Apr-13 10:47:44

Hello - that sounds great. Did you know that there's a local board for Bristol as well, you might get more people seeing it if you post here

I'm not far from Emerson's Green so might see if I can come along one Weds.

NestaF Thu 18-Apr-13 13:09:37

Hi EwanHoozami - That is a great idea - thank you so much for the advice. I'm trying to get the word out there. We have a lovely group of ladies that come along and walk with us, so anyone who has a buggy to push is welcome.
We would love to welcome you on one of our walks, so please feel free to come along. As I said above we walk on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month, meeting at 10am.

idlevice Fri 19-Apr-13 22:14:03

Would this be just a local thing specific to your council area? Is it likely to be running in other areas too (e.g. North Gloucestershire)? It sounds great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now