Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Possible MC , clot , D&C , wait !! Its long but please help

(6 Posts)
SummersComing1111 Thu 18-Apr-13 08:29:15

Been to scared to post because of horror stories so please be nice, also im sorry if this brings up any bad memories for anyone that is not my intent.

In febuary i had my normal period and then a few days later i started bleeding again sooo much it scared me , just kept gushing everytime i moved it finally stopped then a week later it was time for my march period again a few days later game back in all evil forms so i went to the doc and he gave me northistorone to stop the bleed it worked after about a week but still had light bleeding and really bad pain so he sent me for a scan the scan it querying a clot the docs think iv miscarried but im sure i havent as i havent had sex since decemember and was only a few days late for my jan period. Iv now got a 4 to 6 week wait for a consultation and another scan.

Im also now showing signs of infection and have been given two anti bs i cant take one so need to call the doc back today, my doc is hoping that i pass the clot/fetus on my next period naturally my pill ends tomorrow.

Im really scared of how bad the bleed is going to be and also a possible D&C i just want it over with i am on my own with 16 mo DS with no support around , i dont no what to do i just wish the docs wish the doc would send me for a straight d&c then i dont have to worry so scared scared that something is going to happen while im alone with DS and i cant feel like this any more.

Any advice or hand holding welcome sorry its long

SummersComing1111 Thu 18-Apr-13 09:42:44

Really am i on my own ??

minmooch Thu 18-Apr-13 16:39:11

I'm sorry to read this and that you are so scared. Perhaps post on the miscarriage thread for more responses and support. They will need to scan to look at what is going on. I would go back to your GP and ask for an urgent scan. I presume your GP knows you are a lone parent and any procedure requires some child are planning.

I have had 3 d&c's amongst many miscarriages. The d&c's were very manageable, pain free, and less blood loss than a miscarriage.
I hope you get some help from your GP.

silverangel Thu 18-Apr-13 18:07:48

Your GP should refer you to the early pregnancy unit for a scan asap to dertermine what is actually going on. I would go back to GP or is there an EPU self referral system in your area?

SummersComing1111 Thu 18-Apr-13 18:22:03

Im going to go back AGAIN tomorrow. Because i havent had a postive preg test i the scan said it was a query clot but my doc thinks a foetus as its measuring 2.9mm each way so would mean 3 weeks gestation, i just hate that they are making me wait , and now i have an infection i no thats not god i feel like taking myself off to AnE tomorrow so they have no choice but to treat me, its not fair to my little boy me being ill , im just scared that im gonna get really sick really quick and theres no one around so my lil boy would be on his own if i pass out or whatever.

TeaMakesItAllPossible Thu 18-Apr-13 18:41:58

Another one checking in to hold your hand. And seconding what min says.

I had a D&C after a 14w miscarriage. It was a very simple procedure - in early morning, back home for the schools finishing. Very little bleeding after. Just a normal period. Stomach cramps like a period. Very tired after the GA.

The physical side was fine, the emotional side was much, much harder. Part of this I think is down to the GA, having had it for a childhood illness a number of times I was always very teary, but the largest part of the emotional impact was down to the lost baby. You will only need a day's support to look after your DS if all goes well - though you might want to have someone around for 24 hours.

I'm sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now