Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

really painful period. normal?

(3 Posts)
mumnosbest Wed 17-Apr-13 23:23:38

My periods are just returning after a year since i had dd (i'm still bf dd). I always had pretty heavy period but no more than a tummy ache and achey back. This is my 3rd period since dd. The first 2 were pretty light and normal but this time (day 3) its become heavy and really painful. A few times today i've jumped up due to a stabbing pain down below. Feels like a mixture of bad wind and labour pain. It's not normal for me but wondered if anyone else has experienced pains like this?
Thanks and sorry if TMI blush

youmaycallmeSSP Thu 18-Apr-13 10:05:23

I had this for the first 3 periods after DS was born. They didn't come back for 14 months and I ended up in OOH the first time because I was in agony and no one knew what it was. Once they settled back into a regular routine it was fine smile

mumnosbest Thu 18-Apr-13 22:07:51

Thanks for replying. That's just the kind of answer i was hoping for. Hope mine settle down soon too. This is dc3 and i didn't have anything like this after the first 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now