Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

2 periods in a month, hair loss...blood tests back normal, do I still go see the GP to discuss?

(4 Posts)
mummatotwo Wed 17-Apr-13 11:38:15

that it really GP referred me for blood tests to see if I was menopausal or if it was my thyriod.

Test back and receptionist as said all came back normal but Im still unsure why Im having 2 periods and my hair loss.

Should I go back to discuss with GP???

ClayDavis Wed 17-Apr-13 13:20:41

Yes. The blood tests are just an initial work up to see if there is an immediately obvious problem. If you're still having symptoms you need to go back to allow your GP to find out if it is something less obvious. If you don't go back they can't sort it out.

Hope you manage to get something sorted.

mercibucket Wed 17-Apr-13 23:14:51

Yes
Also, check the results yourself
Is your tsh under 2?
What is your ferritin level as well? Low iron can cause hair loss, and I guess could be more likely if you are bleeding more often too
Go and see the GP anyhow

mercibucket Wed 17-Apr-13 23:14:51

Yes
Also, check the results yourself
Is your tsh under 2?
What is your ferritin level as well? Low iron can cause hair loss, and I guess could be more likely if you are bleeding more often too
Go and see the GP anyhow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now