Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Steroid injection...?

(3 Posts)
Icantstopeatinglol Mon 15-Apr-13 19:50:42

Hi, I'm going to have a steroid injection in my foot on Wednesday for achilles insertional tendonitis. Does anyone know about aftercare? Can I go to work after (driving)? I've had one before years ago for plantar fasciitis but I'm sure I got picked up after. I was on maternity leave so work wasn't an issue then.

whoopwhoopbib Mon 15-Apr-13 20:29:20

I have had them in my knees and each time I am told I musn't drive or walk about more than is strictly necessary. I realise this is a different area to yours but I was told it was because every time I moved my knees some of the steroid would leak out of the joint so it wouldn't be as effective - not very helpful when you have both done at the same time grin .

I also found that the couple of times I did too much afterwards the effects of the injections didn't last and as they only tended to last a couple of weeks for me it was worth resting.

Icantstopeatinglol Mon 15-Apr-13 21:52:31

Thanks whoop, I'm sure last time I was told to rest my foot for similar reasons but wasn't 100%. Might try to ring drs secretary tomorrow to double check smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now