Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

random set of symptoms - any ideas?

(10 Posts)
hazeyjane Mon 15-Apr-13 19:06:13

I have felt awful for the last few days with the following

really bad fatigue
swollen achey ankles and wrists
sore stiff neck
temperature
headache
slightly nauseous
'out of it' feeling.

I tried to make an appointment to see my dr, but she can't see me until the 9th May. I will try to get seen by another dr tomorrow - but any ideas?

Galena Mon 15-Apr-13 20:11:32

The stiff neck, temp and fatigue would worry me. Can you get to out of hours/A&E tonight?

SlightlyJaded Mon 15-Apr-13 20:13:45

Agree you need to rule our meningitis. I've had it twice and had all those symptoms except the swollen ankles.

Hope you feel better soon.

zzzzz Mon 15-Apr-13 20:15:01

Flu

zzzzz Mon 15-Apr-13 20:15:58

Sorry didn't mean to press send. It sounds like flu to me. Does paracetamol help?

Wereonourway Mon 15-Apr-13 20:19:34

I felt similar when I had glandular fever last year.

Felt iffy for weeks and weeks til it culminated in symptoms you mention.

I thought flu until the day I took my own temp and it was 40.5.

I would go to out of hours centre if I were you

Ineedmorepatience Mon 15-Apr-13 20:34:17

I agree with were I have had glandular fever and it has similar symptoms. Mine still rumbles around from time to time.

Take care and I know this is going to sound stupid but try to get some rest and to the docs.

auntevil Mon 15-Apr-13 20:54:29

Also worth giving NHS direct a call and getting a triage type nurse to go through the symptoms. They will know the pertinent questions and who to go to for help.

hazeyjane Tue 16-Apr-13 10:32:16

Thankyou all. Had a dreadful night. Feet and hands have swollen up like balloons. Just saw dr, she says flu. Did blood test.

Wereonourway Wed 17-Apr-13 19:48:18

Sorry you are still feeling crappy hazey.

I know of another hazey that posted on a different forum a couple of yrs ago who wrote an amazing blog, any relation or just coincidence?

hope you start to feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now