Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Coping with anxiety - any tips please?

(6 Posts)
IllegalYoniFarm Mon 15-Apr-13 15:02:44

My MIL suffers with anxiety, family illness and other family stresses are really getting to her at the moment and I thought I would ask you wise people if you had any tips I could offer her to help her deal with it.
She often speaks to me about it (the stresses are related to FIL's family so I am removed enough from it all to be a shoulder for her to cry on)
Thankyou smile

IllegalYoniFarm Mon 15-Apr-13 15:45:52

Bump smile

IllegalYoniFarm Mon 15-Apr-13 19:28:23

Good evening smile

Im really just looking practical tips... Perhaps a good website?

Please!

rightsaidthread Mon 15-Apr-13 19:30:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hairymonkey Mon 15-Apr-13 19:50:22

I got a really good book that has breathing and relaxation techniques in that really helped.
It explains that if you follow breathing in for the count of 7 and out for 11, or in 3 out 5, you won't pass out! Which in turn helps you calm down. It's called "how to master anxiety" by joe griffin and Ivan tyrrell. Got it from amazon.

IllegalYoniFarm Mon 15-Apr-13 19:56:51

Great thankyou right and hairy i will look at both of those.
She has spoken to her GP, often i think, but the situation is particularly stressful for her currently and i just thought i would take a look at something else for her.
thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now