Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Twitchy eye help needed before I stick a hot poker into it.

(13 Posts)
LadyMaryQuiteContrary Mon 15-Apr-13 12:56:44

Not really, it's doing my head in though. blush It's been like this for a week after going to the dentist (well, that's when I noticed it, it could be longer), I can see the bottom lid twitching away and it's pulling my cheek up slightly so my mouth looks a little wonky. I don't drink a lot of caffeine and have been resting and rubbing it but it makes no difference. sad What else can I do? Doctor Google isn't showing anything useful.

Thank you thanks

rightsaidthread Mon 15-Apr-13 13:00:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Mon 15-Apr-13 13:02:27

sad How long did it take to stop? Sorry that your eye is still dry, do you have to use drops?

brew?

mumof2aimingfor4 Mon 15-Apr-13 13:04:06

I suffet the same problem when tired and or stressed/run down.

mumof2aimingfor4 Mon 15-Apr-13 13:04:26

*suffer

squalorvictoria Mon 15-Apr-13 13:05:53

I get it occasionally. It's usually caused by stress, tiredness or both. It will go away, but I know how exceptionally irritating it is!

rightsaidthread Mon 15-Apr-13 13:06:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnyaKnowIt Mon 15-Apr-13 13:06:44

I get it when I'm tried or run down

Its bloody annoying tho

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Mon 15-Apr-13 13:12:21

Thank you smile I'll pop and find an optician. I didn't think I was tired or run down.

It's very annoying.

Showtime Mon 15-Apr-13 23:42:40

GP suggested blinking fast could help, hope it does for you.

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Tue 16-Apr-13 10:31:06

I'm trying. grin Thank you

mairi2010 Wed 17-Apr-13 00:29:43

A couple of months ago I noticed my upper eyelid twitching when getting my hair done. Couldn't feel it so no idea how long it had been like that but stayed for over a week until I took an antihistamine. I'd read somewhere that sometimes allergies can be a cause so tried an antihistamine as a last resort. I' don't suffer from allergies normally but this worked a treat for me.

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Wed 17-Apr-13 11:20:38

The bloody thing hasn't stopped, I'll try an antihistamine. Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now