Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

feeling a little bit sorry for myself.

(4 Posts)
whattodoo Sun 14-Apr-13 10:35:51

Have had a cold since Christmas. I was ill all over the Christmas hols, had to spend 2 days in bed (not easy with 4yoDD).

Ended up on antibiotics for chest infection a month ago. Symptoms eased slightly but now they're back with a vengeance.

Horrid chesty cough - keep bringing up dark green phlegm. And my nose won't stop running - I get through a box of tissues every few days.

For the past 4 days i've had awful sinus pain - hurts to wear specs, my jaw/teeth ache and the mucus from my nose is coming out very dark coloured.

I just want to sleep all the time but I am finding it difficult to sleep because its so hard to breath!

Any ideas how I can get rid of this once and for all? I'm struggling to keep going (work part time)

fivecupsoftea Sun 14-Apr-13 21:42:24

Hi, you poor thing! You sound like you have nasty sinusitus, are you on antibiotics? If not need, I'd recommend seeing your GP. I'm a big fan of reflexology, it always help me to sleep, it might help you to recover? Hope you feel better soon.

Showtime Mon 15-Apr-13 23:54:00

I'd go back to GP, meanwhile, if breathing's a problem, try sleeping sitting up in bed, with woolly hat to keep warm. Hope you get well soon.

stewartlaura67 Tue 16-Apr-13 07:29:45

Ooh I’m sorry to hear what you are going through. I would suggest you to see your GP if you don’t get fine in day or two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now