Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

It really bloody hurts, worried...

(4 Posts)
TapDancingPimp Fri 12-Apr-13 19:37:27

I visited the Dr this morning (have been experiencing bad cramps following period) who referred me to the treatment room to have vaginal swabs taken.

The nurse performed 2 swab tests, using the big long cotton bud type thing. She didn't use a speculum as she knew I was nervous and thought it would be more comfortable just to stick the scraper thing up on its own...unfortunately it turned out to be extremely uncomfortable hmm

Anyway, I've been to the loo twice and both times it has burned/stung really badly...is this normal??

NoPartyDay Sat 13-Apr-13 05:55:17

may be a urinary tract infection ?also infection in uterus-the swab test will confirm/ rule out whether this is an infection/needs antibiotics
For the pain when passing urine,you need to go to Dr or after hours clinic- may need antibiotics-they will need you to give a sample of urine once you get there, into a small cup. Try "Ural" from pharmacy which neutralises urine

weegiemum Sat 13-Apr-13 06:04:55

Sounds like a uti to me. Drink as much water as you can (dilutes urine so less painful) and try to get a sample, if it feels bad enough to contact ooh. Are you hot/cold, shaky, aching a all, anything that could indicate a temperature/systemic infection?

MissTweed Sat 13-Apr-13 06:10:24

Yep, sounds like UTI, cranberry juice helps and don't panic if you wee a bit of blood. I had a kidney infection and when I saw that I was seeing blood I thought I was going to die!! Lol but fret not its common. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now