Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

6 week cycle

(7 Posts)
twitchno1 Fri 12-Apr-13 15:11:41

sorry in advance if any of this is tmi! after comming off the depo injuction a year ago, my cycle took a while to come back to normal.. then when it did after a few "normal" cycles of 28ish days, i started becoming 2 weeks late. after a few cycles of this i reaised that this was my new cycle of 41ish days. this has been normal now since sept last year. does anyone else have long cycles or know if this is normal? i have been looking on the net for stuff but it does not help. dont want to bother the dr as i feel a bit silly going to see them for no real reason. sorry for a long question, but am trying for a baby so trying to work out ovulation days as well! thanks

bonzo77 Fri 12-Apr-13 15:19:34

My mum always had 6 week cycles. She felt very sorry for me with 35 day ones! She never had any problems getting pregnant. Are you ovulating?

twitchno1 Fri 12-Apr-13 15:38:06

Dont know if ovulating for sure but have been having signs of ovulation. Should get some tests to make sure really i suppse im afraid of finding out that im not!

Metalhead Fri 12-Apr-13 16:48:51

Mine varies from 4-6 weeks, on average I'd say it's probably 5 1/2. I think anything between 4 and 6 weeks is pretty normal.

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 12-Apr-13 17:14:43

Depo can mess up cycles big time.

I would have blood tests done as such changes to the cycle should always be reported. A 41 day cycle may not be a cycle in which ovulation actually occurs, it is quite possible to have periods without ovulating.

bonzo77 Fri 12-Apr-13 17:59:58

OPKs won't tell you if you have ovulated. They only tell you your body is getting ready to. BBT charting or a scan is a more reliable indicator.

twitchno1 Fri 12-Apr-13 18:15:42

Thanks for your replies. Will have to see the dr and find out whats going on i suppose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now