Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tired all the time

(6 Posts)
SpanielFace Mon 08-Apr-13 08:30:32

I am 32 and had my first baby 7 months ago by Caesarian, I'm currently still on maternity leave. I have never been super-fit but always very active, and I have always been a healthy weight if at the larger end of the "healthy BMI" scale.

Since having DS I am just so tired, all the time. He has been sleeping through reliably for a couple of months now, so I can't blame it on the night feeds. I'm also so stiff all the time, especially in the morning - every day I feel like I have done a 12 mile hike the day before, everything just aches. It does ease as I get going, but I have to get DH to lift DS out of his cot in the morning as my back is so stiff, and I'm finding it hard getting up off the floor when I've been playing with him. I feel like an old woman.

I was never like this before. I am 3 stone heavier than before pregnancy sad which I am trying to fix, and I definitely do less exercise, just because of lack of time. But I don't know if it's normal to feel like this - part of me thinks it could just be the weight gain & lack of exercise, but my DM has an underactive thyroid, so have wondered about that. I just feel ridiculous going to the doctors and complaining of being tired all the time! But I don't know if it's normal to feel like this after pregnancy & when a bit overweight?

FannyFifer Mon 08-Apr-13 08:32:11

Maybe you are low in Iron, sounds like how I feel when I am anaemic.

SpanielFace Mon 08-Apr-13 08:41:56

Maybe. The inside of my eyelids look nice & pink but I guess you have to be pretty anaemic to start to see it?

digerd Mon 08-Apr-13 09:38:13

You sound like me, but Iam elderly. It is not normal for a young person to have all these aches and pains and stiffness.

I can only suggest you get your Thyroid tested, as could be underactive and easily treated.
Good luck.

SpanielFace Mon 08-Apr-13 10:04:43

Thanks for replying. I've never really had anything wrong with me, I'm lucky enough never to have been ill (other than the usual everyday bugs that everyone gets!). So it's hard to know if this is a normal part of putting on weight / having a baby / getting older, or if there is genuinely a problem. I feel like I'm being neurotic, or a hypochondriac! I'll make a doctors appointment & see what they say.

digerd Mon 08-Apr-13 18:28:14

Mention a Thyroid blood test, just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now